(同上。不过一般是你已经说了几句,此事,想要relate to someting 别人刚刚提到过或者蜻蜓点水说道的东西。这句话的好处就是,一能bring others on board说看我的说法和你是有一致之处的, 二能表现他刚才说的东西你还有印象。)
同意或者反对:
I agree with you.
(简单的)
Building on what XX has just said, ..
I am with you.., but [main point].
(这里I am with you不一定表示同意也不一定表示反对,它主要的意思是说“你说的我听懂了/我跟上你说的了。”)
I follow your logic, but have you thought about/considered this.. [main point]..?
(和上面一句话的逻辑是一样的:“你说的我明白了,但是..”)
I see what you are saying, but I’m not sure I would argue that..
(和上面两句话的逻辑一样。)
With all due respect, I think..
谦虚的反对:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t [a different topic]..?
I’m not an expert on.., it seems to me that..
I might be wrong, but ..
I suspect that I lack some [background] information about this aspect, but here is my two cents.
I am not sure about this.., you might want to check with Professor X.. Would you mind letting me know what he/she says?
[别人说了一堆之后] This is one way to look at it. Another way to look at it might be..
疑惑追问:
Just to clarify,..
May I ask a follow-up question?
Could you say more (about it)?
(不确定自己是不是听懂了,请别人多解释一些。)
Could you elaborate on this?
会议报告、演讲之后提问
That’s an amazing model/useful concept, but it occurred to me that [this/something] might also play a role..Have you considered ..?
Thanks for your talk. I pletely agree with your conclusion, but as I’m sure you’re aware, Dr. XX explains this in a different way, and I was wondering if you could address her theory.
“but as I’m sure you’re aware”完全是给对方一个台阶下,可能那个理论他根本没有考虑过。但是如果对方是很senior的,我们也需要客套一下。