返回
无锡沃尔得英语
置顶
该校与厚学网暂未合作,平台不保证课程的真实有效性,如有侵权等争议,请及时与厚学网联系处理

无锡20个为你加分的常见英文习语

109 2018-10-16 20:33:05

学习笔记

1.In the nick of time: 紧要关头。

  You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time – my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

  你刚好在那个时候帮我找到了主旨


  2.Let the cat out of the bag: 说出秘密。

  Brady's surprise party is going to be great if you don't let the cat out of the bag.

  如果你先保守秘密的话,布雷迪的惊喜派对会非常棒的!


  3.Let the chips fall where they may: 让某事发生,不管其是好是坏。

  I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

  不管结果怎样,我都会去试试参加啦啦队。


  4.Lose your marbles:变得疯狂。

  Mom has really lost her marbles; she's making me practice writing the Enhanced ACT Essay seven times this week!

  我妈妈真是要疯了;这个星期她让我写了七篇ACT的作文!


  5.Once in a blue moon: 罕见的。

  In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

  在弗罗里达,气温降到零度以下是非常罕见的。


  6.Plain as day: 显而易见的。

  It's plain as day that you're in love with her, so just admit it.

  显而易见你已经爱上她了,承认吧。


  7.Play second fiddle: 居次位。

  I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

  我真是讨厌落在我姐姐的下风,她总是比我做的好!


  8.Put your foot in your mouth: 说错话。

  Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

  杰西卡居然在约翰失业后问起他的工作,真是说错话了。


  9.Pull yourself together: 冷静下来;振作起来。

  Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

  振作起来,兄弟!虽然你被女朋友甩了,又被车撞了,但你不能让这些事把你击垮。


  10.Sick and tired: 被打扰或困扰。

  She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

  她的狗每天都会啃她的鞋子,让她郁闷不已。


  11.Sleep on it: 在做决定前先考虑一会。

  Don't tell me whether you'll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

  今天先不要告诉我你会不会跟我一起搬去德州。先考虑一下,明天再回复我。


文中图片素材来源网络,如有侵权请联系删除
文中图片素材来源网络,如有侵权请联系删除
热门课程 全部课程

相关新闻推荐

申请免费试听

只要一个电话

我们为您免费回电

立即申请
刷新
图形验证
关闭
>>
拖动左边滑块完成上方拼图